The American sports activities e-newsletter rounded up the Best 100 athletes on the planet in accordance with a system that took under consideration ‘3 reputation elements’: Google Development ranking, social media following and endorsement greenbacks.
Consistent with ESPN, to seek out the 100 most famed athletes on the planet, they began with 600 of the largest names in sports activities, drawn from 67 international locations.
De Villiers is arguably one of the most largest sports activities personalities that the rustic has ever produced and slotted at No 99 at the checklist.
The 34-year-old had a Google Development ranking of 4, social media following of 5.7m and endorsements as much as the price of $4.5m (R56 million).
De Villiers, who’s again in South Africa after the Royal Challengers Bangalore failed to achieve the IPL playoffs, has performed 114 Assessments, 228 ODIs and 78 T20Is to this point for the Proteas.
Actual Madrid and Portuguese striker Cristiano Ronaldo crowned the ESPN checklist for a 3rd directly 12 months.
ESPN International Repute 100 most sensible 20:
1. Cristiano Ronaldo (Portugal)
2. LeBron James (United States of The united states)
3. Lionel Messi (Argentina)
4. Neymar (Brazil)
5. Roger Federer (Switzerland)
6. Tiger Woods (United States of The united states)
7. Kevin Durant (United States of The united states)
8. Rafael Nadal (Spain)
9. Stephan Curry (United States of The united states)
10. Phil Mickelson (United States of The united states)
11. Virat Kohli (India)
12. Serena Williams (United States of The united states)
13. Novak Djokovic (Serbia)
14. Floyd Mayweather (United States of The united states)
15. Rory McIlory (Northern Eire)
16. Jordan Spieth (United States of The united states)
17. Solar Yang (China)
18. Conor McGregor (Eire)
19. Gareth Bale (Wales)
20. MS Dhoni (India)
99. AB de Villiers (South Africa)